|products « home|
- Cremation Ground Space
- Cremation Niches* (Inside and outside the George Healy Chapel)
- Burial Vaults for Cremation Urns
- Cremation boulders and benches
- Cremation Urns
* All Niche pricing includes: the niche, the bronze plaque with all names and date inscriptions, two weekday open/closing fees, funding of perpetual care and taxes. Niches are designed to hold the cremains of two people.
- Flower and Wreath Programs
- Commemorative Signs and Plaques
- Memorial Benches
- Plant Stands Installed
- Marker and Monument Foundations
- Engraving Services
- Monument Sales
- Individual or Flat Marker Sales
- Bronze Marker Refinishing
- Flat Marker & Monument Cleaning
- Traditional Ground Burial Property
- Monument Lots
- Flat marker Lots
- Infant Burial Lots ( Isle of the Innocence)
- Jewish Burial Lots (Seventh Street location)
- Adult Caskets
- Infant Caskets
- Pet Burial and Memorial Products
- Customized Carillon Music*
* A standard carillon music package is available free of charge with 1,500 available hymns and other favorites for selection.
For detailed pricing information please contact the Oakwood office at 507-282-1608.
Bell Tower & Carillon
In June of 2008, a new carillon was purchased by Oakwood Cemetery to replace the original unit that was no longer working and could not be repaired. The new unit is an EZ BELLS Model 6 digital disc carillon from Chime Master Systems and was purchased through Premier Church Furnishings of St. Paul, Minnesota. The carillon is controlled at the office and plays through the four speakers that are located in the bell tower at the top of the hill at the seventh avenue cemetery. This tower was given to the cemetery by Amiel L. and Anna H. Glabe as a memorial to their loved ones that rest here since 1972.
The new carillon has a 600 hymn disc library, complete worship bells selection (single swinging, pealing, and tolling), and clock striking functions. Also in this library are bugle calls, special occasion, seasonal and holiday selections. Additional musical selections may be added as needed. The carillon can be set to play at any given interval throughout the day or night. It has currently been programmed to play three random hymns each day at 9 am, 12 noon, 3 pm, and at 6 pm.
With a growing segment of the population preferring cremation and desiring a location to permanently inter urns, Oakwood Cemeteries offes solid granite, above-ground columbariums. These stunning 64-niche designs contribute to the beauty and prestige of the grounds.
Columbariums provide a permanent and public location where loved ones know urns will be respectfully held and protected and where any family members and friends can visit a final resting place.
Each columbarium niche holds two cinerary urns, providing a permanent, public location for your loved ones' remains. Chapel View columbariums provide an outdoor setting at the front of the beautifully restored George Healy Memorial Chapel. In addition, columbariums are placed inside the chapel for the more private setting some may prefer.
Healy Memorial Chapel
The lovely Chapel honoring Colonel George Healy's work and substantial financial donation for the cemetery has been restored and is available for small funerals. It is an inviting place to reflect on loved ones whether interred at Oakwood or elsewhere. The interior columbarium is a beautiful setting to inter cremation ashes and provides a place for remembrance. The George Healy Chapel is available for burial services, family gatherings, and other events.
Over the years, the gifts of Colonel Healy, the first president of the Rochester Cemetery Association, and many others have enabled Oakwood Cemeteries to expand and beautify beyond what is possible for most cemeteries. Your tax-deductible memorial or your inclusion of a remembrance from your estate to the perpetual care fund will be greatly appreciated.